The prinicipal remains of St. Catherine's Priory, Polsloe, Exeter (1912)Hare, Mary
|Devon||West Country Studies||SPh|
|Devon||West Country Studies||EPRS0308|
CD 201 DVD 30
Founded by Lord William Bruer, the precise date unknown, but it must have been prior to 1195, when it is known that a cemetery was granted to the convent. The house was surrendered by the Prioress, Eleanor Sydenham, Feb. 19th, 1538. As late as 1670 the arms of the community, a sword sable between two catherine wheels argent, remained, but they have since disappeared, together with a considerable portion of the buildings. The buildings now remaining are occupied as a farm house.
Photographed and presented by Miss Mary Hare, 1912.
South West exterior